Every Wednesday evening Sunshine Pizza will be rocking up in the club garden with their fantastic wood fired pizza oven for our Woodfired @ The Club Night. They start cooking at 4.30 with last pizza orders at 8.30 and you can take away or eat in. Grab a table in the glorious club garden or inside and, if you fancy, order antipasti, salads, sides and desserts as well as drinks from the Italian Bar.
To celebrate our new Woodfired @ The Club events we’ve come up with a quiz for you pizza fiends. Are these Pizza Facts or Pizza Fiction?
- The first ever internet purchase was a pizza
- The most expensive pizza ever cost $400 and included edible gold leaf
- The Mona Lisa was originally depicted eating a slice of pizza, this was later painted over
- If you order pepperoni pizza in Italy it would just come with peppers on
- It’s always a good time to have a pizza
- In 1889, Queen Margherita of Italy (shown below) was made a red, white and green pizza hence the name the Margherita
- OK..NOT TRUE
- OF COURSE, but particularly on Wednesday’s from 4.30pm – 9pm at Hathersage Social Club with Sunshine Pizza
- She was made it but didn’t eat it – Pizza was food for peasants in 1889. They’d clearly never had a Sunshine Pizza at The Club